Skip to main content

Hello,

Recently we started using the cash sales, and unfortunately it does not bring the stock item except the nonstock one when you searched for the inventory ID? Is it by default from Acuamtica that we cannot sell stock items on cash sales transactions, or is there a setting in Acuamtica that we can enable it?

Thank you,

If you want to do Cash / Counter sales of stock items, this still has to go through the Sales Order module.  There should be a default/standard Order Type called CS (Cash Sale) that is available (it may not be active in your environment?)

There’s a process document here: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(9))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=633b37db-d968-41f1-a499-d35c8f9a422b

Hi @Dawood  As shown below, I can add the Stock Items to the CS orders. This is from version 23R1

Hello @meganfriesen37 and @ChandraM ,

Thank you for the information. I was able to activate the cash sales order and add the stock item. The only issue that I have now is that it says that credit card payment is not supported for CS orders. Is that by default from Acuamtica, or are there any settings that we can configure it or turn it on?

Hi @Dawood As shown below, this seems a limitation for CS Orders. In the past, I think was able to do. Will check and revert if I get a positive result.

d

Hello @ChandraM ,

Ok. Is it possible to do it with a customization? 

Hi @Dawood Just an update. FYI, it is the same message from 24R1 as well.

Sorry @ChandraM ,

I did not get it as I am new to the Acumatica. What do you mean by “it is the same message from 24R1 as well.”

Hi @Dawood Before, I meant - I verified in Acumatica 23R1 and the on Acumatica 24R1(Latest). Both has the same limitations and error message.

Hi @Dawood I would suggest to avoid Customization and use the standard IN behavior(No Shipments).
As you are recording the payment on the Order, that would flow to the Invoice and the Invoice gets Closed Immediately. 
This just adds an additional Dr. AR Account and Cr. AR Account. To be safe, you can use a dummy AR Account for CashSale Receivables.

@ChandraM and @meganfriesen37 ,

Thank you both for the help. We found another order type, IN, which is the same as CS, but you can use a credit card payment. 

@Dawood a few versions ago acumatica updates the CS order type to not be able to process Credit card sales, I want to say 2021 or 2022.  the client i worked with when they upgraded was that we created another order type at that time