Solved

Business Event with Product Images

• 13 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

We want to create a report with item mages and send the report via a busines event.  The report would have a customer’s prior item purchases with the each item’s image from the item’s “attributes”.  Is there a way in the same report to have an item’s description, the item’s purchase history, and the the item’s image from item attributes in the same report?  

icon

Best answer by dougmcbride79 14 November 2023, 14:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @dougmcbride79  - This is a bit of a multi-step process, so I am going to jump in to assist with the question relating to the Stock Item Image from the Attributes Tab. Once you have the report prepared (maybe use an existing Sales History report in Acumatica, you can add the image from the InventoryItem table. Just create the picture box, give it the Source of Database and the Value of =[InventoryItem.ImageUrl]. 

This should print the image to the report if the images is a properly formatted image type. See below. 

** As long as you tie the InventoryItem table from the originating Sales Order/Line table on the report you create or use exiting, the image should be available for the item. If you select an existing report in the system to use, the InventoryItem table may already be added in the Table Relations. Such as the Sales Order Details by Customer (SO611000) report.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @dougmcbride79 ,

It sounds like there are a few different processes here (Report, Business Event, Notification Template). I’ll pass along some info to assist with the Report. You can then add the report as an “Attached Report” to the Email Template that gets triggered by the Business Event. 

________

You will need to add the InventoryItem.ImageURL value Picture Box to either the newly created report or use an existing report.

To add the Stock Item picture to the report, you will 1. first make sure the InventoryItem table is correctly related to/from an existing table on the report. Once this is done, you can 2. create the new Picture Box, 3. assign the Source as Database, and 4. assign the Value as InventoryItem.ImageURL.

Assuming the Report is created correctly and the image is available, the Stock Item photo should appear on the report. See the below example I have added to the default report Sales Order Details by Customer (SO611000).

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you so much.  I greatly appreciate your detailed directions to create a report with item images.  

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dougmcbride79 - Sure thing, sorry for the double response… didn’t realize the first response was pending. Thought it was lost. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved