• 4 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Invoice without discount
Started a return and the discount automatically apply to the document

Hi everyone,

I met a very weird problem. 

The case is I created a SO for a customer(There is no discount applied at this moment) and invoiced. Later I apply a negative discount for the surcharge for this customer.  Than I started a return for this SO. The negative discount was applied to the document automatically. If I didn’t check the amount, I will refund more money to the customer.  I don’t know if this is normal or a bug? With my understanding, the return should be base on the amount on the invoice. It can not apply any discounts.  Does anyone know this ? or how to set do not apply discount for the return. 

icon

Best answer by markusray17 4 October 2021, 21:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The return doesn’t inherently prevent discount calculations.

It gets the price from the matching ARTran and sets the manual price and manual discount fields to true. It will also apply the Discount Percent from the ARTran to the SOLine.

It also doesn’t apply the discount code/sequence to the new line, meaning if you have discounts that are set to not overlap(a line discount that is supposed to prevent a group/document discount from being applied) it will re-apply those on top of the copied line discount. 

You can disable automatic discount updates on the Discounts tab before adding any lines to resolve the issue. If you are familiar with customizations you could easily default that field to true on RMA workflows via the workflow engine or via a graph customization. 

You can try opening a support case with Acumatica but in my experience you will likely just get the “System working as intended” response and a suggestion to create a post on the Product Ideas forum. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved