Solved

Approving Requests (for purchase)

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

How can I assign the approval of a request to the “reports to” of the employee who submitted the request?

So far the closest I get is by explicitely setting a specific emplyee as the owner via the assignment map, then setting the approval to that employee’s superior via the apporval map. However I am not able to dynamically set the owner via the assignment map.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 27 August 2023, 10:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@smulvey  Approval Map works by BAccount’s default ContactID known as OwnerID in the Approval Workflow. The Employee SupervisorID (Reports To) holds BAccountID instead and in the approval navigation tree does not have a tie to Supervisor’s default ContactID. Unfortunately out of the box it's a dead end but it is doable through some customizations.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@smulvey 

1. Set on the Employee Masterfile the approver using the [REPORTS TO] field
  2. On the approval Maps Conditions do this
  1. Where [Value Field] is the employee id of the approver

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved