Question

Allow adding approvals on the fly?

• 30 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m implementing Requisitions and have set up approval maps. But they want to allow the creator of a requisition to add an approver on the fly. These additions don’t have a pre-defined criteria, so adding to approval map won’t work. It’s a case by case scenario. I see there’s a + button on the Approvals tab, but it’s always disabled. Does anyone know if Acumatica allows this to be enabled without customization? I’ve looked into it, but haven’t found anything. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I did just come up with a workaround. A step can be added to map with creator as the approver. Then they can reassign to the desired approver. But, I’d still like to know if the + button can be used somehow, so if anyone has an idea let me know! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@jhouser what you really need is a custom workflow. Not sure if you are looking for any customization but in case you are, I have created a custom engine that a few clients are using it and works nicely. What you looking for is possibility to deviate from standard map and it is one of the options in my advance workflow I call that “Route”. Here is a link to the post I created while back.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved