Solved

Acumatica distribution question

• 2 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, im a new user to Acumatica, we just started using 1st of january 2023, previously we were using SAP B1. I have some question and hope that maybe some one out there can help answer:

1. is there any standard feature in acumatica that will warn or let us know a particular stock is not available while we trying to create a sales order?
  2. i noticed that the status is not link between opportunies, sales quotes and sales order. (correct me if im wrong), eg: when i create a sales order from a sales quotes, supposed the sales quote status should be change to converted automatically, but it does not change. instead we need to go sales quote to manually change the status by selecting “mark as converted”. am i missing any steps here or what is the logic behind the design of this sequence? 

regards,

Robert from Malaysia

icon

Best answer by donnadeskins55 2 February 2023, 21:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @qstee,

For #1, when you’re in a Sales Order and have a detail line highlighted, the on-hand quantities for that item are displayed at the bottom of the screen:

For #2, there are 2 ways to create Sales Orders from Quotes:

1. From an Opportunity Quote using the Action called CONVERT TO ORDER:

1.  From a Sales Order quote using the Action COPY ORDER:

I have found that both of these actions result in the status of the original quote being changed to “Converted” after I saved the Sales Order:

In this screenshot, the left side is the Sales Order and on the right is the Opportunity Quote after CONVERT TO ORDER is selected:

In this screenshot, the left side is the Sales Order and the right side is the Sales Quote after COPY QUOTE is selected:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved