Solved

Update Custom Entity

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi team, 

I hope everyone is doing well, 

I would like to know if there is a way to customize a custom entity created in an Acumatica Instance through REST API.

Please see an example below of the Entity I created, As you can see, this is a Custom Entity with a custom name and is basically a summary from different tables. I use this table to create a Generic Inquiry for other reports but, the Fields Forecast should come from a third party software that I have. 

I tried to create a Custom Endpoint but I didn’t know how to link this table to an screen or how to map the fields from the entry. 

If you can help me with some links or something I can refer to know how to solve question. 

Thank you so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by jinin 29 August 2023, 08:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @hortega ,

I got similar forum to answer your question.

Accessing Data in Generic Inquiries using Contract Based API’s | Acumatica Cloud ERP.

Have you seen this?

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hortega ,

Create a Generic Inquiry with the necessary fields in the result grid.

- Go to the Web Service Endpoint screen.

- Enter the endpoint's name and version.

- Click the insert button to open a popup. Enter the entity name and select the GI name.

- Ensure that the "Make Visible on UI" checkbox is selected for the GI. This step is essential for enabling the selection of the GI on the Endpoint screen.

- After saving the endpoint entity, the fields from the result grid will automatically load onto the entity.

- Now, you can proceed to test by making a GET call and retrieving the data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hortega,

As it is a GI, you might have to use PUT request(instead of GET as in the last point by @jinin) to retrieve the data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @Vignesh Ponnusamy . It should be PUT request. By mistake added as GET ☹️

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved