Solved

Unbund Fields in "Condition" and "Grouping" tabs of Generic Inquiry Design

• 5 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have added a custom unbound field to APInvoice DAC. I see the field in the “Result Grid” of the Generic Inquiry I want to design and it shows the result as I expect. My problem is I do not see this field in the "Condition" and "Grouping" tabs of Generic Inquiry Design. I have other custom bound fields which are shown in these two tabs. Am I missing something or Acumatica doesn’t show the unbound fields in these two tabs and if ths is the case any idea why? Im testing on 2023R2 23.206.0006

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 6 April 2024, 04:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It seems my underestanding is correct and the issue is coming from the field being unbound. I do not underestand the logic of the GI allowing the Unbound Fields to be selected in the result grid but not in Grouping and Filtering. I changed the field to bound (although it is not what I want but just for testing pupose) and it showed up in Grouping and Filtering. If someone knows why I would like to learn too.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your findings with the community @aaghaei!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved