Solved

Sales Orders: Revision ID cannot be empty

• 8 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

A client is running into the error shown below when trying to save changes to a sales order. It seems to be fixed by closing and re-opening the browser, but just wondering if there was a reason why this error was appearing?

Kind regards,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 8 August 2023, 10:15

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello Andrew, 

It seems like the error may be related to the browser. Did you notice this similar post , with solution to clear browser cache posted by Acumatica?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @AndrewA  I think this is coming from your customization.I have also faced similar issue a very long back and figured out the issue that it is coming the .aspx page that I have provided differently.

To check this, please unpublish your customization and confirm.

If you are not able figure it out, please customization package for our review.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What version of Acumatica are they on? We found this on early versions of 22R2 believe this was the issue below it disappeared once we updated them to a later version

AC-257592: After several switches between different forms on the same browser tab, if a user was trying to execute an action or to save an entity, an error about a required box being empty could occur, for example: Inserting ‘Billing Address‘ record raised at least one error. Please review the errors. Error: “Revision ID“ cannot be empty. The error could occur on different forms, such as Sales Orders (SO301000)Shipments (SO302000), or Purchase Orders (PO301000).
Workaround: Please find the solution in this knowledge base article.

I agree with dcomeford, we had this exact issue when we first upgraded to 22R2.

We would clear the browser’s cache and that would fix it for a short while. We were told this was a known issue, and we upgraded to Build 22.214.0019. This fixed the error for us.

Seeing this same issue re-appear on a client who last Thursday 2-22-2024 upgraded to Build 23.206.0006. Has this been noted in this new version and what is the expected solution?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved