Question

Node.js and Visual Studio 2022

• 14 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am embarking on the journey to begin learning the new UI and migrating my customizations to it.

I only have VS 2022 installed.  When I was installing Node.js, it shows that it is trying to modify the VS 2019 installer.  

There were errors in the Node.js install.  Do I have to do this in VS 2019?  I don’t want to install it if I don’t have to.

Has anyone begun this journey?  I have never worked with TypeScript etc..

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’ve submitted a support request.  I have been able to get the needed components installed.  I just can’t get these to run without errors.  

Open a command prompt window, change the directory to FrontendSources folder of the site
- Execute npm run getmodules
- Execute npm run build-dev

If anyone else had errors getting those two commands to run, I’d love to know if you figured out what to do.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved