Solved

Invalid Column Name in the Sandbox Environment

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue in Opening the Shipment Screens in a cloud based Sandbox.

So I needed a custom field in Shipments in Package, in a customization project,

DACExtension

And when opening an existing Sales Order or Creating a new Sales Order on screen SO301000,

I get prompted this on the Sandbox: Invalid Column name for the above extended field.

Now I don’t get this error on my Local Instance, and It is the same customization.

So my question is should I try another way of publishing my customization ? (As I read some responses based on similar question but on a testing or dev environment, but I am not sure if I can apply those changes)

Or

How can I make sure that this field exists in the database as I am currently trying it on a cloud based Sandbox?

Or

Am I missing something even after publishing my customization to the Sandbox

icon

Best answer by Leonardo Justiniano 2 March 2023, 18:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jdeol 

You could try forcing the database scripts to run again when publishing:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Leonardo Justiniano ,

Thanks for the response.

Since, I am new to Acumatica, I am just not sure where to go for the screen you mentioned in the response.

Also this sandbox does not allow multiple tenants, just 1.

And it is just one screen throwing that specific error, my other customizations work as expected. So would there be a different way to try your recommendation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jdeol 

No problem. The option is:

If you have just 1 tenant, only 1 tenant will be listed like is shown in my previous response.

I suggest to take some Developer Training at Acumatica Open University

Also there is a lot of good documentation at Acumatica help.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Leonardo Justiniano , it worked as I expected.

Also thanks for the suggestions, I am also taking the T220 development courses on side, to really familiarize myself with Acumatica.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, @Leonardo Justiniano and other members ,

So, I made a small mistake yesterday and left 1 customization project when trying your recommendation.

I tried including it this time and am still getting the error of the Invalid Column Name like this:

SO301000

And this error message on the Shipments Screen:

SO302000

Is there anything else I should try other than publishing with forcing database scripts?

I tried publishing with cleanup for that specific customization, and I run into the error in the compilation page as “Thread Aborted”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jdeol 

Additional notes:

To verify if you already have the custom column defined in your Customization Package:

Example:

When creating the field
When the table is listed
Once is created is displayed like this

If that is the case you just need to publish the customization.

The screen is referencing that column in the database table, but it has not been created yet.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved