Solved

how do I copy and modify a report

• 6 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Team,

How do I copy and modify a report? I need to modify the positive pay upload file so the date format is mm-dd-yyyy. I would like to create a new report just I don’t modify the original.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 6 March 2023, 20:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @enriquey,

first, check to see if you have the report designer role for your user profile and make sure report designer is downloaded on your device.

next, go to the printed form you are trying to modify and click “edit report”

after you click that, you will see the file downloaded on your browser, please click the download which will open up the login screen for report designer:

once the report is opened, you can modify accordingly.

after changes have been made, go to file → Save to Server

type in a version description and make sure you select “Save as new version” this will replace the form as default but also keep the original form in the event you need to revert back to the original. Click OK and refresh your acumatica instance.

hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

But what if you want to have two different versions of a report for users, an original users will continue to use, and then another version that is edited in ReportDesigner with changes specific to their usage, etc.  I can save to server with a different report name, but don’t know how you can access the duplicate report in Acumatica.  Clicking the “Save as a new version” lets you create a new version of that specific report, but how would you create a new report entirely with its own menu link?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @fosterjeff01 
If you want to create a new report, first you will need to save it with a different name Enter report name to save, for example CA656510.rpx
Then on the Site Map SM200520 screen you need to add the new entry as follows 

• Screen ID, the name of the report, example CA.65.65.10
  • Title: new title
  • URL: ~/Frames/ReportLauncher.aspx?ID=CA656510.rpx
  • Graph Type emply
  • Workspaces: for example Banking
  • Category: for example Printed Forms 
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @fosterjeff01 
If you want to create a new report, first you will need to save it with a different name Enter report name to save, for example CA656510.rpx

• Graph Type emply

Hi @fosterjeff01 

• Graph Type emply

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.  Appreciate the guidance!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved