Solved

Customization Project Security Settings

• 4 February 2022
  • 9 replies

I would like to set up a role that has access to be able to create workflows without having full Admin or Support permissions. I had thought the “Customizer” role would be sufficient, but when the user creates a project in Customization Projects, they are able to save it without issue. However, when they then click on the project they just created, they are unable to proceed. The following error message pops up:

“acumatica-train:30003 says

You have insufficient rights to access the object (ProjectBrowserMaint).

Only by exporting the “Access Rights by Role” report am I able to find anything on Project Browser. It is the “Customization Project Browser” screen and only two Acumatica preset roles have delete status to it. They are the “Acumatica Support“ role and the “Administrator” role. I have verified this situation in the U100 SweetLife training data.

I have searched using the Acumatica Navigation field for both Project Browser and Customization Project Browser and it yields zero records. I have done the same in the help files and on google… nothing. Our company uses MS Active Directory for access to Acumatica, which results in no User Level Access viewing.

Acumatica exports data to Excel in text format with merged cells and has proven very difficult to work with. There are so many access permissions given to the two roles that have access to the “Customization Project Browser” screen. I am reduced to the brute force method of going manually through each of the security access points of the more restrictive of these two roles to find this screen.

Does anyone out there already know where it is? If so, it would save countless hours for me if you could share this info.

Thank you! 😊

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 4 February 2022, 21:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VickieN40 Please confirm if you are receiving the below error message:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VickieN40 Here is the solution for providing access to the Project Browser. see the below screenshot. The “Customization Project Manager” is available under the “Hidden” node of the “Access Rights By Screen”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VickieN40 Here some additional information. You also have the “Customization Project Browser” under “Hidden” node. This can be useful for more granular access rights as shown in the screenshot below. 

No I am not. My error message: 

“acumatica-train:30003 says

You have insufficient rights to access the object (ProjectBrowserMaint).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VickieN40 The second part of the error is same “You have insufficient rights to access the object (ProjectBrowserMaint).” as posted by me above. Hence, Please follow the above instruction on the Access rights screens and let us know your results.

Hi @VickieN40 The second part of the error is same “You have insufficient rights to access the object (ProjectBrowserMaint).” as posted by me above. Hence, Please follow the above instruction on the Access rights screens and let us know your results.

Woops I see it now. I will. brb.

Hi @VickieN40 The second part of the error is same “You have insufficient rights to access the object (ProjectBrowserMaint).” as posted by me above. Hence, Please follow the above instruction on the Access rights screens and let us know your results.

This info was the ticket! I copied the Customizer role to create a Workflows role and added “Delete” permissions to the Customization Project Browser folder under the Hidden folder in Access Rights to Roles.

I sent the tabled download of the features under the Customization Project Browser folder and asked his advice if anything was too “permissive” and he suggested that I set the Database Scripts feature to read only. He said, “otherwise people can run SQL statements directly on the database from that customization projects screen.”

That was the only change he suggested. I made it and so far so good. My user is able to move forward with WorkFlows!

Thank you sooooo much! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VickieN40 Thanks for the update and glad to hear!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Critical Points to be noted before assigning an user with the Customize Role.

The Customizer Role is required to Customize and to review the Customization details.

The Customizer Role should be assigned only to the user who knows the Pros and Cons of Publishing and Impacts on all the customizations including database scripts.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved