Solved

Customization Package publishing error

• 10 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

After unpublishing the customization package in one or multiple instances and again trying to re-publish, the system throws the below mentioned error exception:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Acumatica ERP\Administrator\.vs\Administrator\FileContentIndex\write.lock' because it is being used by another process.

There isn’t any other customizations that have been published before.
Can anyone please guide us out the reason of this exception message.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Harshita 17 November 2022, 05:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Harshita 

Can you unpublish all other packages if u already published them and then select the new package and publish once?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita 

Can you unpublish all other packages if u already published them and then select the new package and publish once?

Hello @jinin thank you for the prompt reply. I did tried to unpublish all and then tried to publish the only required one but it throws the same exception.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @Harshita  Are you getting the same issue when you try to publish the NEW EMPTY Package as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi, @Harshita  Are you getting the same issue when you try to publish the NEW EMPTY Package as well?

Thank you for your suggestion @Naveen Boga . The system didn’t raise any error while trying to publish an Empty Package. But when trying to publish any other non-empty pkg it throws the same exception error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @Harshita  Not sure about this issue. Please raise a support case with Acumatica on this error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Naveen Boga and @jinin I tried to publish the same package in a new instance, and the package was successfully published.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, I thought the same hence I told you to try the publish the empty package. It seems some issue with the OLD instance.

Thanks for the sharing update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved