Solved

Custom Function in GI

• 28 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to add in a custom Function (C#) into a Generic Inquiry.

I remember reading a blog post at a time where this was explained but I cant find it or this is not possible anymore.

any guides or post about this will be helpful

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 August 2023, 14:57

View original

7 replies

Badge +11

Do you mean adding a custom function into the formula builder?

Or do you mean adding a mass action which you can execute on selected records?

Userlevel 1

Do you mean adding a custom function into the formula builder?

Or do you mean adding a mass action which you can execute on selected records?

a custom function, I want to create a function to take in a date and INV nbr and give me a calculated value back

Badge +11

Was it this you saw? This is for the Report Designer.

Userlevel 1

Was it this you saw? This is for the Report Designer.

No, I think it was for GI specifically.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jaco60  Can you please let us know what do you want to achieve in the GI with the custom function?

Userlevel 1

Hi @jaco60  Can you please let us know what do you want to achieve in the GI with the custom function?

The GI is working out age brackets for invoice amounts. The GI will show historic data of a year back thus I need the first bracket to be a year back. the problem comes in that that some of the invoice have been paid/credited in the last year.

The custom function will work out the what the amount on the invoice was in the relevant bracket thus excluding any payments that was made after the bracket end date 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jaco60  Hope you are looking for this, please check 

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/custom-dac-objects/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved