Solved

Can we upgrade only one instance of Acumatica to version 2022R2 while keeping the other instances in their current version?

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to upgrade the PhoneReapirShop instance to the 2022R2 version. Does it affect the other instances?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 28 February 2023, 21:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes you can. Just extract the msi file and run the Acumatica setup file from Data folder and choose which instance you need to upgrade

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes.  The files and database for each instance is kept separate from each other.  That is why you have to upgrade every instance separately.  However, keep in mind that the Configuration Wizard will be upgraded, and all future instances will be in the new version.  Also, be mindful that Device Hub may not work if you mix and match versions.  However, if this is a local development instance, the risks are minimal, and you can just uninstall the configuration editor and device hub and then install the version you need if you have to use those tools on an older version.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @malintha 

Yes. Just make sure you do that with the proper Acumatica Configuration app.

In the screenshot I am running the app from the version 22.208.0012. As you can see I have different versions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is how you can extract msi files without execution in case you don’t already know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@malintha following my previous reply, just in case you do not know how to extract msi file without installation in the command you can run c:\>msiexec /a “YourMSIFileFullPath” /qb “TargetDir” as follows:

msiexec /a "C:\ACU\Package\AcumaticaERPInstall_22R2_22.205.0063.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\ACU\Extracted\22R2_22.205.0063"

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok. I’ll try these solutions. Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved