Question

Auto execute an action on shipment confirmation

• 22 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have made a custom action that I want to execute when shipment is confirmed.
I have tried to extend the workflow and add the new action as auto run true. 

https://community.acumatica.com/topic/show?tid=10301&fid=288 

I have followed above reference.

I have also added condition after using True and IsConfirmed which were not executing my method.

Condition
Workflow

Any thoughts on this ??

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @param2022 The simple solution might be to use Business Events on the Shipments screen to trigger the Action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @param2022  This is the change from the 23 R1 version. AutoRun Action is not getting enabled for the normal action.

• You can create the Workflow Action. like below.
  • And then create the Transition for the respective status to invoke automatically.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga I appreciate your detailed explanation. But I am working on 22R2. (22.215.0056) to be precise. Can you help me with that.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@param2022  If you are working on the 22 R2 version, it should work as described in the link. I just verified and it is working for my sample example.

https://community.acumatica.com/topic/show?tid=10301&fid=288

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga I have done all the steps you have asked to perform on that particular post.
Then also I am not getting my debugger on my custom action, when I confirm the shipment. I am attaching the package here if you can take a look.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@param2022  Thanks for sharing the package. I will check and let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @param2022 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Naveen Boga

I create a workflow and trigger it automatically based on a condition. However, is it possible to execute a Graph Action also when the workflow is triggered automatically?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved