Solved

Authentication unsuccessful when testing email setup

• 28 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I have tried setting up a new System Email Account for a client, but when I go to test it, I get the error shown below.

I tried setting it up using my own business email and it worked perfectly, so I was wondering if you had any ideas as to why this client email isn’t working?

I should also note that this email has been created by the client’s IT Department recently for the purpose of sending emails from Acumatica.

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Kind regards,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 28 August 2023, 12:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @AndrewA ,

To resolve the issue with the client's email account authentication, consider seeking guidance from their IT department as they likely have specific settings for external application usage like Acumatica. Additionally, reaching out to the client's email service provider's support can provide valuable insights into configuring the email account for third-party applications. It's also worth checking if the client's email server has any IP address whitelisting or blocking in place, ensuring that the server running Acumatica is allowed to send emails through their email system.

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @sweta68 , I will speak with their IT person and see what we can do.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Badge +11

You haven't filled out the Login Information section. As far as I know, this needs to be filled in.

If they're using O365 though, you can no longer use Basic Authentication. You must use modern authentication, which there are numerous articles on here about.

Badge +11

@AndrewA - Did you get this figured out?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Daryl, apologies for the delayed response. Yes I managed to get this sorted by setting up the modern authentication. Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Andrew

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved