Solved

SO Import line items from excel sheet to user field

• 8 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have created a user defined field (Customer Line Number) on SO301000 to the Details > Grid: Transactions for my company. This field is working as expected, however I am unable to map an excel upload to the grid to that user defined field

Is there a way to enable import mapping to a user defined field? See picture for more details.

2022 R2 Build 22.209.0029

icon

Best answer by rmillerKimball 20 March 2023, 21:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Is it UDF, based on attribute, or it is DAC extension?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Yuriy Zaletskyy, thank you for your response. 

I’m pretty new to Acumatica customizations so not entirely sure, but I believe it is just a UDF.

Does this screenshot help? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, not it’s not UDF, it’s classic DAC Extension. Try please to type of name of the field in import scenario, just type there UsrCustLineNbr.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good idea, unfortunately same result. When I enter in any value there it doesn’t save it if it is not matching anything in the drop-down.

Just to be clear, I’m using the file upload to import into the details of a sales order. Maybe this would work better if I made an import scenario?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rmillerKimball  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett

Mostly? I was unable to find the solution I was hoping for, but the solution that ended up working is importing a new sales order with an Import Scenario using information from this post: 

Thanks for checking in!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @rmillerKimball !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rmillerKimball unfortunately, you will not be able to upload the UDF data using the load records from file option.  alternatively, you can create a import scenario.  on your import scenario, you will select the summary section and specify the UDF name (which is the attribute ID)

hope this helps

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved