Solved

Stumped on setting a warning when LineTotal (CuryLineTotal) is less than 50

• 16 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m new to Acumatica and trying to get my head around adding what seems like a simple customisation.  I've been trying to get a warning to show when the line total is less than 50 on a Sales Order.  I have looked at other examples of how to raise a warning and tried various things but I’m not entirely sure what event handler it should go in as it’s not a user updatable field. I also think I should be using a different method to show the error but not sure what.

The following is what I have:

protected void SOOrder_CuryLineTotal_FieldVerifying(PXCache cache, PXFieldVerifyingEventArgs e, PXFieldVerifying InvokeBaseHandler)
{
if(InvokeBaseHandler != null)
InvokeBaseHandler(cache, e);
var row = (SOOrder)e.Row;

if (row == null) return;

if (row.CuryLineTotal < 50)
{
throw new PXSetPropertyException("The order total is below the Wholesale minimum of $50.", PXErrorLevel.Warning);
}

}

The error gets thrown as a message box on the screen before I even get to open the order that has a lower value for the Line Total. I just want it to show a warning exclamation mark next to the Line Total if it’s less than 50 once the Sales Order is displayed.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 16 January 2022, 03:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

After scouring the source code for PX.Objects.SO.SOOrderEntryExternalTax I found the right code now. 

For anyone else who runs into this:

PXUIFieldAttribute.SetWarning<SOOrder.curyLineTotal>(cache, e.Row, "The order total is below the Wholesale minimum of $50.");

I put it under FieldUpdated and FieldSelected event handlers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ppowell  The right place to write a code related to warning messages is RowEelected event, instead field selecting or field updated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@ppowell  The right place to write a code related to warning messages is RowEelected event, instead field selecting or field updated.

Thanks. Really appreciate the advice. I’ll change it to RowSelected then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Most Welcome @ppowell 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved