Solved

Is there any way to override the from address in certain cases on the generated label when confirming a shipment?

• 17 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We allow our customers to drop-ship items to their customers directly from our warehouse. We need a way to override the label generated by CONFIRM SHIPMENT in certain cases and put the customers from address instead of our address.  Is there any way to do this already or how complicated is it to do this? I was thinking of an identical button next to the CONFIRM SHIPMENT button that would do the same process but insert the customers address info instead of our address.

I’m just trying to see if this is an option at this stage or even if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks,

Phil    

icon

Best answer by deebhane 18 February 2022, 15:14

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @ppowell 

From your statement we understand that on conditional basis you need to swap the from address of the label that is generated, is that you want to change only the address or even the shipping cost calculate for those?

If you want to change from address on conditional basis we need to customize the shipping plugin code to swap the from address on need basis that is passed to shipping carrier for label generation, and shipping cost too will be calculate on the swapped address. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ppowell 

I don't see an option to modify the Bill to contact or address on Shipment document. This can be modified on Sales order. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

I miss understood your statement, please you the option that @vkumar  suggested that would help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi  @ppowell 

We can only override the shipping address on the shipment level when the shipment is in open status.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

I miss understood your statement, please you the option that @vkumar  suggested that would help. 

No, I believe you understood correctly. We don’t want to change the bill to address.  We need to change the from address from our company address to the address of the customer who made the order but only for the shipping label so to the shipment recipient it appears to have come from the address of the person who ordered the shipment from us rather than from us.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @ppowell 

I don't see an option to modify the Bill to contact or address on Shipment document. This can be modified on Sales order. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

We don’t want to change the bill to address, we just need the label to appear to have shipped from the address of the person ordering from us instead of our company address. I don’t think it’s a simple thing to do by the sound of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ppowell 

So, on your custom shipping label,

1. You want to use the ‘Bill-to’ address (Customer’s address) as ‘From address’ ( giving an impression, customer is shipping it directly). 
  2. Ship-to address has to be dropship customer’s address. One has to override the Ship-to address on Shipment document before removing it from hold status.

One should be able to pull the information on a label printed from shipment, since required address information would be available at shipment document level. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

I miss understood your statement, please you the option that @vkumar  suggested that would help. 

No, I believe you understood correctly. We don’t want to change the bill to address.  We need to change the from address from our company address to the address of the customer who made the order but only for the shipping label so to the shipment recipient it appears to have come from the address of the person who ordered the shipment from us rather than from us.

hi @ppowell ,

Thanks for confirming that my first understanding is correct.

With that understanding, i believe today on label the from address is shown as ware house address (which you would like to change it on condition basis) and to address is  shipping address which should remain same. 

If this correct then as indicated in my first message we need to customize the Shipping plugin carrier. May I know which shipping carrier are you using ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

hi @ppowell ,

With that understanding, i believe today on label the from address is shown as ware house address (which you would like to change it on condition basis) and to address is  shipping address which should remain same. 

If this correct then as indicated in my first message we need to customize the Shipping plugin carrier. May I know which shipping carrier are you using ?

We’ll be using the easypost plugin.

Phil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

hi @ppowell ,

Phil.

hi @ppowell ,

Easy post is owned by Acumatica. Can you open Acumatica case and check. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @ppowell ,

hi @ppowell ,

Phil.

hi @ppowell ,

Easy post is owned by Acumatica. Can you open Acumatica case and check. 

Thanks for the confirmation that this isn’t an easy thing to implement.  We’ll take this up with Acumatica.

Phil

@ppowell - Did you ever reach a resolution on this?  We would like to have a similar change.

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved