Skip to main content

Good day,

So far one user has been experiencing the below error when log activity to an Opportunity.  It logs the activity but it causes confusion and additional work to valid the activity is logged.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or no the cause and rectify it.

Thank you.

Evan

Hi @grillevan  - 

I’d normally check if the same thing happens for you if you follow the broadly same process.

Given there’s “Log Activity”, my suspicion is that they’re opening the Opportunity in the web browser and working on it while they’re looking at the same record in the Outlook plugin. 

If you can get the user to record a video of their exact process from when they get an email to when they finish hitting the Log Activity, then you can usually spot the exact workflow.  
My guess would be something like, they’re part way through logging the activity, and save a change directly on the Opportunity (Because they were actioning the work), the save in web-app then blocks the Opportunity Log from flowing smoothly,

I’ve also seen that kind of thing happen if you’ve got business events firing that somehow impact on the process flow, though that’s both relatively rare and likely to affect all users, not just one.