Skip to main content
Question

Historical Inventory Valuation report by date range

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Has Anyone built a Historical Inventory Valuation report that is handled by Date ranges rather than by period? It seems to not be as simple as changing parameters because much of the field values are handled by period specifically and from what it seems I would need to build a whole new report from scratch. is this the case?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BrendanL ,

From my experience, depends on how your system is set up.  I was able to add a date range by periods as that is how our system is set up.

Thank you,

Trisha

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BrendanL ,

From my experience, depends on how your system is set up.  I was able to add a date range by periods as that is how our system is set up.

Thank you,

Trisha

Yeah the issue is that my manager wants to have it tracked by specific dates, working by period only handles month to month but he wants to be able to look at what changes were made to the inventory ranges from specified dates in a custom field. I have been looking around and it seems that everyone just functions with the period setup but it is too broad for the information we are looking to parse out.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BrendanL ,

I had the same experience as well.  Most of my mangers have learned or completed some of those tasks outside of the system to accomplish what they wanted for daily activities instead of by period.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @tveld were you able to find a solution? Thank you!