Solved

GL Accounts linked to Customers

• 28 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are coming off an ECISolutions software and migrating to Acumatica. In the mapping of Customers there is a field called Account Ref which I believe links that customer to a GL Account. My question is what actually goes into that field? In ECISolutions there is a field called debnr that is listing the customer number back to the gbkmut table (main GL table).  Would it be better to link the Customer Class back to the GL Account(s) or continue using the cusotmer number? The final say of course would be for the Accounting Manager to make that decision.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 28 April 2023, 16:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @billmarmc 

Are you referring to this field?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think so. In the mapping of Customers as a spreadsheet (Customers-Data-Provider) after the Fax and before the Address Line 1 columns there is a column that has Account Ref. I know that each mapping would be specific for our Company. The basic mapping that I have a question about is added in this reply:

Phone 2 Fax Account Ref Address Line 1 Address Line 2 City Country State Postal Code

As far as I can tell, since we don’t use the Customer Class in the traditional way, the Account Ref would be the customer number linking back to the main GL table in ECISolutions.

Badge +18

Hello @billmarmc ,

You can find the Customer’s GL numbers on the GL Accounts tab of customer profile. The Account Ref. is a place to store another customer’s account number, perhaps the customer ID from your prior system.

Userlevel 3
Badge

That is what I thought. Thank you. You rock!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I think so. In the mapping of Customers as a spreadsheet (Customers-Data-Provider) after the Fax and before the Address Line 1 columns there is a column that has Account Ref. I know that each mapping would be specific for our Company. The basic mapping that I have a question about is added in this reply:

Phone 2 Fax Account Ref Address Line 1 Address Line 2 City Country State Postal Code

As far as I can tell, since we don’t use the Customer Class in the traditional way, the Account Ref would be the customer number linking back to the main GL table in ECISolutions.

That would be the import scenario. As @Laura02 stated, you can fill in the customer GL accounts on the GL ACCOUNTS tab or you can let them fill in by the Customer Class. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved