Question

What is the maximum limit for the number of cost budget lines/tasks that can be added to a project?

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all, 

I was wondering if there is a maximum limit to the number of cost budget lines that can be added to projects? 

One of the projects had around 200-250 tasks( mostly 250) and when we tried to add another cost budget line/ task and save, we got the following error : 

Just want to know if there is a limit to the number of lines that can be added to a project cost budget or tasks. And if there is a limit, can it be increased?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@adalvi63  this depends on your license for the number of transactions.  Open the License Monitoring Console and on the right hand side look at Maximum Number of Lines per Transaction.  If you are wanting to increase, please contact your partner.   If you have over 1500 lines, I would be interested in learning how you are tracking your budget.

Userlevel 1

Hey Heidi,

Checked the License Monitoring console and it does have 1500 lines per transaction limit. 

So does this mean, all line details belonging to all the tabs on a project, it can have only 1500 transactions combined on those tabs? Have highlighted the tabs below:

I checked that the tabs I have highlighted have around 200-250 line details each per tab, and it adds upto 1500, maybe that’s why an error was received as soon as one more line was added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The Task, Revenue and Cost budget can have 1500 each.  Seems like we might need a support case in order to look at the data.  If you do not have access to enter one yourself, please contact your partner.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved