Solved

Task Order Sequence

• 8 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any way to change the way Acumatica handles numerical ordering? For some reason, the system will treat numbers by whatever the first numeral is instead of the entirety o the number itself. Please see the example I’ve provided of how the system handles the order of tasks. I would refer the system listed the numbers as such

rather than it displaying as

icon

Best answer by Laura02 8 August 2023, 17:31

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, Project Task is alpha-numeric.  To sort numerically, make them all the same # digits, like

To change existing Tasks, simply over-type the ID with a new ID and save.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Laura,

Unfortunately, I do not have the option to change anything pertaining to the numbers. Those Task numbers are dictated by my Customer and how they want them displayed on the AIA Document. Changing 10 to 010 is not an option for us.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Badge +18

Hello,

Maybe consider a customization to Task tab of Projects, to have a field to control order separate from the Task ID.

Customization may be needed to display in a different order on the Task tab of the Project, on the Proforma, and on the Printed Proforma.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Laura02 that customization is a slippery slope though, I came across this as well when I accidentally said “yes” to a client that I could perform this change…..

If you do this customization, it needs to be applied to EVERY screen that organizes tasks. Notably Pro Forma Invoices as well (that was the big one I forgot) and also reports (project WIP with details was another big one). Otherwise the AIA report sorts by default. This is a very timely customization that I needed to eat significant amounts of time on due to initially underestimating the number of fields I’d need to adjust sorting on. 

The best option is advising clients to use a uniform length for numerical task ids and for entry of leading 0s. This should definitely be looked at by the Acumatica development team, i go out of my way to draw clients attention towards this to avoid the very scenario you are mentioning as @Laura02 mentioned in her first response. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved