Solved

Subaccount structure - Construction

• 20 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Anyone have ideas on a good subaccount structure for Construction - Electrical subcontractor. I see that branch, service type (revenue) and dept (expense) are typically used in Acumatica especially in the training guides. However, with a smalls subcontractor department really aren’t used. Most costs are linked to a particular job/project and expenses are simply company-wide overhead. Only one type of segment makes sense--service type. Anyone have other suggestions that I can consider? (Thank you in advance!!)

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 April 2022, 00:23

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello, I have worked with two clients that are Electrical/Solar companies recently. Both have Construction Projects as well as Field Services.

The first company uses subaccount to represent the type of services they provide: Commercial, Residential, Service/Repairs, and “Corporate” for uncategorized transactions.

The second company used two segments, with the first redundant because it was the same purpose as their Branches (not needed again IMO but they came from another system where the subaccount did include their company/branch and are used to it).  The second segment was the same as above, Commercial/Residential/Services.

My advice is to simplify your subaccount to the extent that you can do so while meeting your business reporting requirements. Just because we can have multiple subaccount segments doesn’t mean everyone should. You can always expand subaccounts later.  It’s easier to add on segments than it is to take them away after they’ve been used in transactions.

Exactly the guidance I was looking for. Thank you!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved