Question

Project Allocation post to wrong period after change in Date Source Configuration

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

I have changed the allocation rule configuration>Date Source from original transaction to Allocation Date. We have existing automation schedule for this. So, what we do is we turn off the automation schedule 10/31/2023 and change the date source configuration and turn on the automation 11/1/2023.

I expect to post the allocation on the period when I run the allocation. Which is 11-2023 but there are some transactions that has been posted to 10-2023 period as screenshot shows. 

These transactions are from 10/31/2023 then the allocation automation runs at 11/01/2023. I expect that since I have changed the allocation date configuration to “Allocation Date”, these will post to 11-2023 period since the allocation runs 11/01/2023.

Does the transaction previously created and posted already before the change in configuration carries the previous configuration?

Appreciate any insights on this.

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 
Anne Samson

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ASamson21 could you share the allocation rule steps and calculation rules?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ASamson21 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved