Skip to main content

We are using the contacts tab under projects and noticed that the phone number pulls in without any dashes. Even though this pulls directly from the customer contact, which shows the number formatted correctly, for whatever reason the formatting does not pass through to the project contact tab table. See attached. 

Phone number shown under the project contacts tab is not formatted
Contact record where the project contact is pulling from shows formatting. 

We have the information from the project contacts tab pulling to a report and would like to have the phone number formatted correctly. I’ve tried every format option in report designer that I can think of (or found based on searching the internet) and nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the correct formatting? I’m assuming having it corrected on the project contacts tab would have to be an Acumatica thing, but surely there is something in report designer I can do. 

How phone number pulls to our report

Did you found a solution have the same issue 

@SchoutenJ Nothing ideal. We have been told it can be changed via customization. However, I’m holding out hope that someone will be able to provide a cheaper alternative. 

@mnecaise what version and build are you on? i am on 24 R1 Build 4 and it looks like the phone number is copying the format from the contact exactly: 

Do you have a Phone Mask enabled on the “Companies” screen?  If yes, is the mask the same across all companies?

Phone Mask The mask that represents the way phone numbers are usually presented in the default country. To specify the mask, use the number sign (#) as a wildcard symbol. For example, if you specify the +1 (###) ###-#### Ext: #### mask, a possible phone number that satisfies the mask can be +1 (999) 777-8888 Ext: 1230.

@iqraharrison Thanks for the info! We’re on 23R2. I’ll have to do some searching to see if there are any notes detailing if this was part of the 24R1 upgrade, or maybe one of the 23R2 builds we haven’t implemented yet.

@meganfriesen37 We do have a mask, and it’s the same across all companies. I’ve tried changing it to see if that makes a difference, unfortunately it doesn’t. The only place that the mask doesn’t pull is the project contacts tab. 

@mnecaise i checked in a 23R2 instance and noticed the format doesn’t carry over as you are seeing on your side.  I also checked the known issues list and didn’t see anything related to the phone mask so this could be a change that took affect in 24R1 but nothing is standing out to me in the 24r1 release notes.  

this could also be a glitch so you could submit a ticket to acumatica but the recommendation may be to upgrade

@iqraharrison Thank you! I couldn’t find anything specifically calling it out in any of the release notes either. At least I know that we won’t have to have a customization done! Thanks again for your help! 

@mnecaise of course! happy to help!