Skip to main content
Solved

How to run automatic Reversal Allocation?

• 21 June 2024
  • 5 replies

hello all,

I am looking for ways to let Acumatica run the Reverse Allocation automatically whenever an AR Invoice is generated or released. I setup the following allocation rule, but I am not able to see if any reversal trxn has been generated anywhere.

I would like to run the reversal automatically like it does to create an allocation Project trxn.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The reversal is when the AR invoice is released, so if your Invoice is generated but not released, you won’t see the reversal entries yet.

Once the invoice is released, in project transactions, you should see two transactions

1. One for the invoice release
  2. One for the allocation reversal

Both of these will also create journal entries.  Do you have Automatically Release Allocations turned on in your Project Preferences and Automatically Post on Release on your AR Preferences?  The AR invoice needs to be posted all the way through to the GL.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The reversal is when the AR invoice is released, so if your Invoice is generated but not released, you won’t see the reversal entries yet.

Once the invoice is released, in project transactions, you should see two transactions

1. One for the invoice release
  2. One for the allocation reversal

Both of these will also create journal entries.  Do you have Automatically Release Allocations turned on in your Project Preferences and Automatically Post on Release on your AR Preferences?  The AR invoice needs to be posted all the way through to the GL.

Hey @meganfriesen37 , the allocation rule is set to run automatically once a payable bill is released. So once the Allocation is released, I ran the project billing which created an AR Invoice, I released it manually but no project transaction was created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does your billing rule use a GL revenue account that has an Account Group on it so that it can post to the project?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Does your billing rule use a GL revenue account that has an Account Group on it so that it can post to the project?

I have not setup any billing rules. Its just I run the project billing & I have defined a default sales account for the task under Tasks tab that belongs to a revenue A/c group.
Whereas I tried to run the same using a billing rule as shown below:

So in order to test the reversal allocation, I manually filled in the COmpleted% under Revenue Budget tab and then ran the project billing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Shoot… sorry, I missed that this was progress billing.  Have you populated your WIP account on the Project Tasks screen?

From the help documentation: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c17cd111-2aab-4e6e-a687-f13aa1bb1e16

Configuring Fixed-Price Projects for Allocation

On the Projects (PM301000) form, for a fixed-price project to be allocated, you assign the created allocation rule to the project tasks on the Tasks tab.

You bill a fixed-price project with a billing rule with a Progress Billing step that does not use project transactions, including allocation transactions, for billing. To make the system automatically reverse created allocation transactions, which prevents the allocation transactions from affecting the project balance after you bill the project, you select the WIP account group to which you allocate the project costs in the Non-Billable WIP Account Group box on the Summary tab (Billing and Allocation Settings section) of the Project Tasks (PM302000) form.