Solved

Error when saving a PO "Error: 'BAccountID' cannot be empty."

• 12 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

When I need to add/revise a line of a PO, I get an error.  It’s been happening when I try to enter an AP bill as well.  I’ve looked at the vendor profile and viewed the account, made a small change then saved.   Then changed the vendor in the PO, saved, and changed it back, but I cannot save the PO and the error continues to appear.   Anyone know how I can correct this?  

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 May 2023, 22:17

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello @elizabethbobadilla ,

Is there any helpful information in the Trace details (Tools, Trace)?

If the screen is customized, temporarily unpublish customizations (while users are signed out) and try the same actions. Testing with customizations off will help rule out customizations as the cause of the error.

Do you see the same error when modifying PO’s for other vendors? Compare the vendor profiles side—by-side. Look for differences between the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ vendors. Do you see the same error on every PO for the vendor above? If other POs for the same vendor can be modified successfully, then expose all fields in the grids on the Purchase order screen and compare the good PO to the PO with errors.

I hope these troubleshooting steps help you to identify the cause of your error. If not, an Acumatica support case may be needed.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @elizabethbobadilla 

Can you confirm the issue happening with all Vendors?

This is not a fix but merely an anecdotal observation.

We have seen something similar in our hosted Acumatica instance version 22.116.0029. The end-user refreshed their session by logging out and back in to the system and was able to create the PO as normal without any additional data entry or error. We have yet to isolate or confirm any setting or configuration problem with non-stock/stock items or vendors yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@elizabethbobadilla  if you are not able to fix this on your own, please enter a case so we can look at the data and let me know the case # and I will follow it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @elizabethbobadilla 

Did you change a PO before this one? I had this happen to an end user recently. They were changing PO’s that were imported then deleting a few and getting this error.

Was there a solution for this? This started happening to us over the weekend and I don’t have a solution yet.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please follow the below article and based on that, this is planned to fix in 2023 R2. 

https://community.acumatica.com/maintenance-and-troubleshooting-229/known-issue-in-certain-updates-of-acumatica-erp-2022-r1-and-2022-r2-when-a-user-attempted-to-execute-an-action-after-several-navigations-between-different-forms-in-the-same-browser-tab-the-error-fieldname-cannot-be-empty-error-could-occur-13194

For now, as a workaround, please try below options. 

Option 1 - Open the record in a new browser tab instead of the current one. 

Option 2 - Clear browser cache, refresh screen, try again. 

And also please refer below article best answer section as well.

https://community.acumatica.com/construction-120/error-when-saving-a-po-error-baccountid-cannot-be-empty-16347

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am curious about the fix to this. We have the same issue. This does not occur on all vendors, just some. Ironically, I have a copy of the data in a sandbox/dev environment where it doesn’t fail. There are 0  differences in the two instances. The sandbox is just a restore of production. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved