Question

Error in Visibility of Qty of a stock item

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,
I have been receiving an error that says: “the quantity of a stock item will go negative” whenever I try out to complete a Transfer transaction, even though there are enough qty in the location, and the summary at the bottom of the screen show plenty of available inventory.

Is there a possibility that the error is getting triggered due to allocation of that particular item to a specific project & hence, cannot be used for transfer?

Kindly share your suggestions.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

There are few reports in the Inventory module show the movement of stock.

Inventory Transaction summary

Inventory Transaction History.

Did you verify the inventory ID in which transaction the item is allocated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Harry 

What does the location for that item say under the inventory summay?

Als, have you tried to recalculate inventory?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Kandy Beatty & @manikantad18 ,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I would like to know how to make the inventory available to be transferred to another location in the same warehouse or to a different warehouse and for any project?  Is there a better way to get this information form the system?.

So its like if i have Item A with total 100 qty, all allocated to project A then how can I transfer the some of the qty of the same item to another project B?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Also, along with that what if I would also like to get this item transferred to a non project purpose?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved