Solved

Change Request - Change Order ChangeDate Limitations

• 17 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Background: In the project that I am currently working on, A hard-coded Change Date of 12/31/2021 was chosen to be used for all the Change Requests coming over from a legacy Sage system.

The Change requests have been imported and I have generated the Change Orders.
The freshly generated Change Orders will use the Change Dates and Approval Dates from the Client’s legacy Sage System.
All of the dates coming in from Sage, are all prior to 12/31/2021.

Question: From a functional standpoint, would having a Change Order (Change Date or Approval Date) that is prior to the Change Request (Change Date), cause any issues when the client processes their billing?

Thank you for reading this.

-Ken Severud

icon

Best answer by kseverud34 18 January 2022, 03:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I found an answer to my question.

This question can be closed.

-ken

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kseverud34 can you share the answer for others who might look in the future? Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sure,

(Thanks Chris),

When a change Order is created (from a Change Request) the Change Order dates take precedence.
The Change Request “Change Date” become historical at this point and would not have an impact on billing.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved