Solved

CEO Dashboard WIP Widget

Userlevel 1
Badge

Our CEO has recently requested a WIP Widget for his dashboard and I am working on creating this. I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction, as this is the first widget I have created from scratch. Relations and all are confusing to me. Any assistance would be great. Thanks in advance!!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 May 2022, 18:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Braden … As a rule of thumb, I will always try to find a similar widget, copy it, and make the necessary changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @bnaumann 

What specific widget are you trying to create?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to create a widget that displays Work in Process items for the CEO to monitor. Kind of harder than i expected!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hi @bnaumann 

I have found an easier way to create Generic Inquiries based off reports, which is what I believe you are trying to accomplish here.

The Work in Process is a report, so you can pull the Report Designer up and find the tables and relationships you will need to create the Generic Inquiry that you can then turn into a widget. Widget are based off Generic Inquiries. Here is what the report looks like that you can build off of. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Braden - if you’re successful in creating something would you  mind sharing the properties of the widgets? 

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hope this helps!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

wow did you create your own generic inquiry?

Userlevel 1
Badge

wow did you create your own generic inquiry?

essentially!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved