Solved

Accruing payroll costs

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We are setting up our construction program to track labor hours on the jobs.  We are going to be using a labor cost rate to accrue the cost of the payroll.  We run payroll bi-weekly using a third-party to process.  We will export the hours along with the job info to a spreadsheet to upload to our third-party.  They will run the payroll and send us a GL download of the actual costs on a per job basis that we will import in to Acumatica to get the actual labor costs to the projects. If we set it up to accrue to the labor cost on the job and have an offsetting liability account how to we reverse the accrual when we import the actual labor costs from the third-party or account for the difference in the accrual vs actual?

TYIA!

icon

Best answer by raphrf 2 December 2022, 22:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We are setting up our construction program to track labor hours on the jobs.  We are going to be using a labor cost rate to accrue the cost of the payroll.  We run payroll bi-weekly using a third-party to process.  We will export the hours along with the job info to a spreadsheet to upload to our third-party.  They will run the payroll and send us a GL download of the actual costs on a per job basis that we will import in to Acumatica to get the actual labor costs to the projects. If we set it up to accrue to the labor cost on the job and have an offsetting liability account how to we reverse the accrual when we import the actual labor costs from the third-party or account for the difference in the accrual vs actual?

TYIA!

We are the same questions and are in the same process! I think you can reverse GL project transactions, or you can calculate the difference(offset) from the theorical GL amount accrued and the real amount and import the difference. Hope this help, for my part I’m check first the export of timecard/time activity/expense claims. I will PM you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@raphrf@mlatt   When you are accruing, are you posting to the GL as well?  If you accrue to a specific account group, maybe “accrlabor” instead of ”Labor” then it will be easier to reverse that entire account group with an entry.  Does this work for you?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved