Skip to main content
Solved

Access Right by User in person

Hi, is there any thing that i can make through this screen? or this screen were mend to show the summary in details on access right ?

I though this screen can set access right for screen in personal, am i right ? because when i click on revoke, it just pop out role assign to that user and inherited and computed access right status. only display, no setting involve ?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @aizzat 

Please use the access rights by screen to set any permission on user role-wise permissions.

This means that, theres no such setting can assign role specific screen or button to person  through this menu, “Acces Right by User” ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Access right by user: 

On this form, you can view the actual access rights each user has to system objects. That is, the system calculates the actual level of access for objects that have the Not Set or Inherited levels. You can view access rights down to the level of specific form elements.

You can set access rights to system objects on the Access Rights by Screen (SM201020) and Access Rights by Role (SM201025) forms. For more information about setting up user access rights, see Managing User Access.

Summary Area

Ok, the main idea is, i have specific GI to share to my bosses, and not for other clerk. Then i have to create other  role and assign the role that have access right to my GI screen. Lastly assign that role to my boss. Is that the only way ? 

Badge +18

Hello @aizzat ,

To assign rights to one GI for Boss and not for Clerk:

1. In your test tenant, go to Access Rights by Screen
  2. On the left side, where I expanded Banking and clicked Cash Accounts as an example, you will expand the module where your GI has been published to the menu. Click on your GI.
  1. On the right side, add ‘Granted’ or ‘Delete’ Access Rights to one role that the Boss is in and the clerk is not in.
  2. Test by logging in as the Clerk, as the Boss, and other users to confirm the access is correct.
  3. Repeat in your Live tenant.

Laura

Ok, let say, i have Boss A and Boss B, both have same role and access right (deemed all available role been tick for both of them) Then boss B ask me to make specific GI, which does not related to Boss A, and Boss A doesnt want that GI been added to his/her current evailable menus. Then, do i need to create specific role and assign access right by screen to new role, and assign that role to my Boss B? 

Badge +18

Yes, Agreed: when Users have the same Roles, they will see the same screens. You will need a new role that is assigned to Boss A and not Boss B, to show your new GI screen to Boss A and not Boss B.

Laura

Clear. In conclusion, acumatica "Access Right by User” is a summary in details of what role that person have and the access level to screen also computed access. To assign newly created GI (for both that have same role) need to create new role that assign to dedicated screen and assign new role to dedicated person. Right ? 

or is there any other way around, for scenario Boss A and Boss B ?

Badge +18

Yes, you have correctly summarized the situation.

Laura

Ok last question for this topic, is there any future update that will allow setting access right by screen by user ? Means that we assign dedicated screen directly to user ID not through role. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@aizzat,

If you would like to see this in a future update, please create a new Product Idea here in community. Here is a link to do so: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Badge +18

In addition to @mike.gillum ‘s suggestion, it’s a lot more work to add and remove rights user by user than it is to handle rights through Roles. 

People move around.  People get promoted; they join and leave companies every day. The fastest, most efficient way to grant access is to add screens/reports to Roles then add (subtract) Roles from Users.

Please Vote for Your Idea, to add ability to control access by User, here:

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Laura02 Agreed and thanks Laura!