Skip to main content
Question

Unable to launch application: "The system cannot find the file specified"

• 1 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I am able to configure all related web services, set up the database and even install a new instance of the application as per the installation guide for S100. However, when I actually try to launch the application from the Application Maintenance screen, I get the message “The system cannot find the file specified”. 

I don’t know what file it is looking for exactly, because the folder C:\Program Files\Acumatica ERP\AcumaticaERP does exist and is far from empty.

I tried installing 2024 R1 Update 7 and 2023 R2 Update 8 to no avail. 

I am running SQL Server 2022 Developer and have no issues with connecting to the database with the SQL Server Manager.

The log isn’t much use either. It just says “u08:13:34 ERR] The system cannot find the file specified” - again not specifying which file exactly it is trying to access. 

I am running ESET and Malwarebytes on my PC. I have disabled Malwarebytes completely and reinstalled Acumatica itself from scratch and created a new instance to no avail. I could not find any events in ESET indicating that any file had been quarantined or any process had been blocked. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!