Solved

Translation set, best practice

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

What is the best way to change the label/name something in a tenant. 
As a example, the client wants to change Task ID to Sub-project, Item Class to Purchase Group throughout their tenant. 

Is using a translation set the way to go? 
Will this be overwritten on a upgrade?
If yes, what needs to be done to prevent the overwriting of the changes? 

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 19 April 2023, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@wikusvorster42 i think this may be better off as a customization.  when upgrading the customization should be reviewed to ensure that code changes are upgraded as well.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@wikusvorster42 I have been using customizations to change labels but am going to change that practice to Translations for the following reason.  When I change a label in a screen via custom I then have to change the label on all of the GI’s and Reports.  If you change the label via translation then they will all show the new label.  Why, then, is it better to use a custom vs translation?

-David

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved