Solved

System Email Requirements: Office 365 Account type

• 8 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

I had a client today ask me directly what the requirements are for a system email account. They had initially setup a group email list, not a true mailbox and I knew that was likely not acceptable. There are several tiers for the actual mailbox with differing prices. There is an email kiosk account that is most affordable, and limits the inbox size to 2GB. Is the size of that mailbox any sort of Acumatica requirement, or is this just dependent on how much email the users expect to have coming through? The costs involved are relatively minor but I wanted to be prepared when I follow up.

icon

Best answer by Missy Main 8 June 2023, 23:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

A system email account record inside Acumatica requires:
an SMTP address (an email address)
a password associated with that email address
a license applied to the email account in O365 that allows for email processing 

The size requirement is up to the person and how much email they plan on receiving into that inbox without deleting or archiving. One can always delete or archive old messages in O365 to free up space as well. 

The following KB document also explains how to configure an email account as a “Modern Authentication” email account, where the comments on this KB explain that some users have even been able to set up “shared” email accounts using Modern Auth, as long as some specific requirements are fulfilled, definitely check out this KB and corresponding comment thread!

https://community.acumatica.com/installation-and-configuration-14/how-to-set-up-exchange-online-office-365-and-azure-online-accounts-using-modern-authentication-oauth-2-0-4638

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved