We’re running 21R1 with a system email account configured to use Azure Modern Authentication. I’ve had users report a few instances of messages not being downloaded by Acumatica. They’re finding this out when customers send follow up responses that quote their previously sent message.
It appears that these emails are just being skipped for no reason I can discern. The system schedule history does not show any errors for processing during the time that message would have been downloaded.
Each time I have confirmed that the message is in the inbox for the account Acumatica is configured to use. These messages are marked as unread in the Outlook web UI and no one other than myself has the password to sign into this account directly. None of the emails I’ve investigated were being marked as junk.
The most recent instance of this happened last week and as far as I can tell, nothing is amiss with the message. The end user did not modify the subject and the To address is correct.
I am not seeing this message in the “Emails Pending Processing” screen (with show failed checked) and there is no record of it in “All Emails”.
Has anyone else run into this and is there an explanation for why it happens? Where else can I troubleshoot mail processing issues?
If it helps, I’ll supply some additional information about this system email account. Prior to a couple months ago this account was setup for basic authentication. The credentials were configured such that Acumatica would log into the O365 account to receive mail for a shared mailbox using IMAP.
Outgoing messages were being sent via our Sendgrid account. With modern authentication, it does not seem that Acumatica supports a different outgoing mail service, so all mail goes through O365 now (seems like a bug but this email is not about SMTP settings).
I was not able to get a shared mailbox to work with modern authentication. To allow continued use of a shared mailbox for our customer service messages, I setup a mail forward on that inbox so all messages are also delivered to the system email account Acumatica is using. This is the only “odd” part of this setup, that I can think of.
Best answer by PorchlightZachView original