Solved

Stock Item form

• 18 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, all. I have my own stock items in separate Database. My manager wants me to map the fields of data base in Stock items form in Acumatica. What is the best way to do this?  How can I put the data present in DB directly to the form. I want to create automate process. When ever new data comes in my DB. Scheduler should add new data in Acumatica forms. 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 18 March 2024, 16:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would likely start with the I100 course at Acumatica Open University: https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/i100-integration-scenarios/ 

This will give you the information you need to set up an import scenario to bring your information into Acumatica from your data provider.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You mean the only way is to setup import scenarios only? There is nothing else we can do like mapping the form fields with the fields present db

Badge +11

It is not recommended (read bad idea) to tie another system directly into Acumatica’s database. It is an even worse idea to attempt to tie Acumatica into another system’s database. There are conventional methods to allow systems to talk to each other, which is what APIs are. Otherwise, you should be importing. Acumatica does support imports directly from SQL for on-prem installations.

Userlevel 2
Badge

thankyou so much. What is the best way to do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am new to acumatica.

Badge +11

I would suggest talking to your VAR or another qualified Acumatica consultant. Otherwise, you’ll have to learn more about Acumatica before you can attempt something like this. The course Megan provided is a good start.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok thanks.

Badge +11

Sure

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved