Solved

Security Access by Role Question Bills & Adjustments screen

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I created a customized security role called Property Manager. I restricted access to the header and detail screen for Bills and Adjustments. The approver only needs to approve, reject, reassign, add notes and update the due date in the header field. I am close to this but if you look at the second print screen the Type and Reference Nbr. fields need to be grayed out but the Due Date field has to be editable. What am I doing wrong? What are the correct fields under Access Rights for Roles under Bills and Adjustments for these 3 fields so I can finalize my security role setup. I tried different setup and nothing is working. Client is on 2023 R1. I can find the DAC under Bills and Adjustments but it does not seem to correspond to options in Access Rights for Roles. 

Current security settings:

Thanks,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 September 2023, 11:39

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @fpantelidakis65 ,

Normally someone with View Only rights to a document screen can change the Doc Type and Reference number:  these fields allow them to select the document that they need to View.

To adjust access rights for a role field by field, please expand the next level down in Access Rights by Role screen, beneath Bills & Adjustments screen, and then adjust the Access Rights level for the three fields Doc Type, Reference Number and Due Date:

Update Access Rights on Individual Fields in a screen

Best Regards,

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02,

Thanks this was very helpful. 

Frances 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved