Skip to main content
Solved

Process to copy Access Roles between Tenants

• 23 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Is there a process to copy Access Roles between Tenants or sites?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @andreagr 

Could you please check the below suggestion https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/moving-acumatica-user-security-user-roles-between-tenants-companies/

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @andreagr 

There is currently nothing out of the box without the customization that @manikantad18  mentioned above. I think it would be a great idea to submit to Acumatica. Even adding the export/import in xml for like import scenarios and GI’s. Some customers request roles that I have created for others and I have to manually recreate them. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Product Idea is out here:

The more traction this gets the better. 

I agree that this is a big headache for both clients and consultants all the time!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just found out that they added a Select All Option for Screens.

This makes the Customization Package Route easier but is still not ideal for some clients.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just found out that they added a Select All Option for Screens.

This makes the Customization Package Route easier but is still not ideal for some clients.

This apparently went away in 24R1

Userlevel 1

Just a question in regards to using the Customization Package route to copy user roles.  We’ve been using that in some instances.  Has anyone come across a case where not all the source user roles end up in the destination?  For example, we’ve created a CP in a base 23R2 system using that select all option for screens to get all screens and have seen when we publish the project elsewhere and do a few comparisons on the user roles, that a few items are missing in the destination tenant.  We’ll run the access rights by role report in both tenants and the destination report has less entries on it then the originating tenant for the user role being compared.  And also yes, I see that select all ability has been changed in 24R1 :(  any thoughts on a solution for that other then manually adding every program to the CP individually.