Solved

Phone Number Masking - Extensions

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We would like to add the ability to make a note of a contact’s phone number extension, when it exists.

Yes, we can use this sample mask (###) ###-#### Ext: ####

But, if they don’t have an extension, the “Ext:” text still displays, not ideal and does not look professional on reports etc.

Does anyone have a clever idea of how to make “Ext:” only show if the 1-4 of the extension numbers exist? I’m new to regular expressions.

icon

Best answer by nathantrauscht 17 April 2023, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I usually enter the mask in the Company screen without “Ext.” like this (999) 999-9999 9999.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Laura02 that’s great - we decided to try (###) ###-#### CCC ####

This way, the user can manually type Ext. Of course, it’s up to the users to keep the “CCC” portion consistent, I’d prefer if we can add some sort of regular expression to have it validate the “CCC” section to only accept a preset such as “Ext”

It would also be great if we could use phone masking at a Country level to have preset country codes. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Please give this a vote: 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved