Skip to main content
Solved

New Acumatica Instance

I am looking to install a new instance on my personal computer for training.

How do I navigate the database Server connection request for - server type and server name per MYSQL server- not conversant with this.

Can anyone help

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey! Have you found/followed the instructions in these articles? I’ve found these very helpful when I was first learning to set up developer instances.

Setting Up Local Developer Instances of Acumatica - Part 1

Quick-Start Acumatica Developer Guide | Acumatica Cloud ERP

Hope this helps!

Thanks Michael- Please see snapshot of what am talking about, and am using my personal computer at home

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @Olaoguntola75 

Here is a related help article https://help-2023r1.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=b18ad378-0a8c-44f1-a14c-6b4f9c6271e4

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Olaoguntola75 In your original post you mention MYSQL server, and in the screenshot, the server type you have selected is Microsoft SQL Server. These are two different types of SQL servers, so can you confirm which type you have installed? 

I you are using Microsoft SQL Server, and have not made any special configurations, you should be able to click “Next” on the Database Server Connection window shown in your screenshot and it will use the default anonymous user account used by Internet Information Services (IIS) to authenticate your connection to the database.

I am not familiar with setting up a MYSQL server connection.

@pallikasharma11 - I was able to get to the database connection then I get this error- seems it has something to do with the rights

@MichaelShirk , I went with Microsoft SQL Server. thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge

When setting up a local dev instance I typically don’t create a new SQL Server login. On the database connection window, I select the “Windows Authentication” option and the system takes care of the login in the background. 
Did this not work for you, or did you have a reason for not wanting to use Windows Authentication?

@MichaelShirk I did use the window authentication and on the website configuration page, this is what I got ..

@MichaelShirk 

Userlevel 4
Badge

As I recall, if it allows you to get to this point, it was able to establish a connection. 
I could be wrong here, but this looks like an issue with Internet Information Services (IIS).
The error messages don’t mention an authentication error, but rather an issue with application pools, which are managed by IIS. 
Do these errors pop up before you’ve clicked anything on the Website Configuration window?

Also, it’s worth asking. Did you carefully follow the IIS configuration steps outlined in this article? Setting Up Local Developer Instances of Acumatica - Part 1

There are a number of things that have to be configured in IIS in order to run an Acumatica instance on your computer. 

I would also suggest selecting the option to create a new application pool, since if you are doing development work, you will sooner or later want to install more than one instance and those should be run in separate application pools.

@MichaelShirk 

Do these errors pop up before you’ve clicked anything on the Website Configuration window? After Clicking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Olaoguntola75 i recently went through setting up a local environment with MySQL, however that came with a few issues (slowness, dashboard errors) so we ended up switching to Microsoft SQL and we noticed a significant increase in speed as well as no more dashboard error.  I would recommend using microsoft if you have the option

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Olaoguntola75 it sounds like an IIS configuration issue to me. I’ve created a lot of local Acumatica instances and some of the errors thrown by IIS can be hard to track down. 

The error sounds familiar, but I couldn’t tell you where to start looking in IIS for the source of the problem.

@MichaelShirk you very correct. was the IIS and I followed the setting and it worked 😀.

Is there a guide on how to launch it was its installed?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Olaoguntola75 not beyond the instructions in the articles I shared. 
A lot of what I know I’ve learned through trial and a lot of error!😏

If my answer helped you solve the issue, I’d appreciate if you mark it “best answer”!