Is there anywhere in the Help file or otherwise that provides a list of all the special roles in Acumatica? We’ve run across this issue when we create a new role for a specific job. We assign the user the correct access rights for the screen but some UI elements are tied to a special role so they still don’t show.
In our case it was being able to open / close Financial Periods-that function is tied to the Financial Supervisor role
Here is a list of special roles that I’ve come up with so far. I would love to have a complete list with explanations. I’m not sure on the ones with a question mark.
- The following roles in Acumatica are special roles that are tied to specific functionality
- Role for Acumatica Support. Access similar to Administrator except for User Management, Security Settings and Access Management.
- System Administrator. Gives access to every area of Acumatica
- No access- think this may be used in API calls for the initial connection?
- This enables the user the change the business date when entering a new transaction using the date selector on the header
- Allows a user to publish a customization
- Enables the Design button on a dashboard
- Data Privacy Controller
- Access to GDPR Compliance Tools
- Field-Level Audit
- Access to the Audit feature under Tools on a transaction screen
- Financial Supervisor
- Access to open and close periods
- External Guest Role
- Internal Employee
- Personal settings, and Help
- ODatav4 User
- Access to data exposed via OData v4
- Portal Admin?
- Access to portal configuration
- Portal User?
- Portal user
- Allows the user to edit reports
- Wiki Admin?
- Wiki Author?
Best answer by kbeatty21View original