Question

Issues in Restriction to Subaccounts

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello All,
I have been trying to apply restriction groups to subaccounts. So basically, when I created a user with the role as GL Clerk in my localhost, and created a restriction group for subaccounts. And it successfully gets applied as shown below:

But when I created the same user with the same role, and restriction it doesn’t get applied. i tried to unpublish all the customizations and checked out still not getting applied. Also checked out if the resoective features have been enabled.
So what is the missing point here?
Kindly guide. 
Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just to add up: I tried to apply the restriction in one of the sandbox instances, and it now is working when I select the group Type as A inverse then it gets applied in the sandbox for the same setup I did in my localhost. Why is there is difference in both?

Badge +18

Hello @Harry ,

Behavior of restriction groups may be affected by the user’s membership in more than one restriction group.

In each case, in how many restriction groups is each user? What Type is assigned to each restriction group that the users are assigned to?

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Harry ,

Behavior of restriction groups may be affected by the user’s membership in more than one restriction group.

In each case, in how many restriction groups is each user? What Type is assigned to each restriction group that the users are assigned to?

Thank you.

Laura

Hello @Laura02 , this is the only restriction group created in the sandbox with only one user.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello community,
Any clarifications on this? Why would the localhost get the restriction applied with Group Type as A whereas when I tried to apply the same in sandbox and live environment it was getting applied by A Inverse.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved