Solved

Is there a way to copy the entire SQL DB from inside Acumatica?

• 23 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I do not have access to the Acumatica DB on SQL using SSIS.  Is there a way to backup the entire Acumatica DB and then restore it to a test system from inside of Acumatica?

I am thinking there is not.  But I want to be sure.

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by jeffgrammer69 23 October 2023, 14:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jeffgrammer69 

With being SSIS the only thing you are able to do is take a snapshot. Whoever holds your instance on their db would need to get you the back up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Depending on the db size as in if it is under 2Gb you could take a snapshot and export it in Acumatica. Then run up a test system on the Same version of Acumatica and the in that test system use the import and restore snapshot. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Depending on the db size as in if it is under 2Gb you could take a snapshot and export it in Acumatica. Then run up a test system on the Same version of Acumatica and the in that test system use the import and restore snapshot. 

Let me try that and see.  I do not think this DB is larger than that.  If this works will respond back here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Let me try that and see.  I do not think this DB is larger than that.  If this works will respond back here.

Argh.  After an hour to create the Snapshot, which did complete, when I try to “Prepare for Export” I receive an error message regarding not able to insert into CRCase.  This is likely due to the customization that was published for the Cases module.  Will have to try later tonight when I can try to unpublish all of the customizations and then try to put the system into Maintenance Mode and then try to Prepare. 
I am going to “assume”, (and that always puts me in trouble), that if the Snapshot completed, that the DB size is NOT greater than 2GB’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jeffgrammer69 

Is the snapshot marked as safe? What is the Size on Disk?

Regardless, I would pull the snapshot without the customization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jeffgrammer69 The issue is not the creation of a snapshot it is  the restore Acumatica will only let you restore a snapshot of 1GB but you can override the webconfig file to allow it to be 2GB

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @jeffgrammer69 

Is the snapshot marked as safe? What is the Size on Disk?

Regardless, I would pull the snapshot without the customization. 

Yeah, I will have to wait until this evening to try without customizations.  And you are correct, it is NOT marked as “safe”.
I do not know the size on disk, as I suppose my access does not let me see that.  At least it is not listed on the snapshot screen

Userlevel 4
Badge

Well, while the snapshot *would* have worked.  Apparently, the database continues to error out during the “Create Snapshot” phase even with no customizations published.  So, I am a bit out of options.   Thank you for all of your suggestions.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved