Solved

How to enable SSO (Microsoft Azure AD, OAuth 2.0) on Acumatica Cloud

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am wondering if anyone can help me find the steps to enable SSO (Microsoft Azure AD, OAuth 2.0) on Acumatica Cloud.

Do not need the steps to create an application in Azure AD. Only the Acumatica side.

We are not able to create an external identity provider, and all of the instructions I find are for on-prem instances not SaaS and require modifying the install files

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by Missy Main 10 May 2023, 22:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey there,

I reviewed this inquiry and would like to clarify one thing first -- Azure AD integration (single sign on with Active Directory accounts specifically) is not seen via External identity Providers. The option for External identity Providers is for Personal Microsoft Email Accounts, Exchange, Open ID, etc. 

Since Azure AD is separate from External Identity SSO, and is full Active Directory User integration, the following help documentation be be reviewed. This outlined that the “Active Directory and Other External SSO” feature needs to be enabled on the Enable/Disable features list. 

If you do not see this on the Features list within Acumatica then it will need to be purchased via a license, if I recall correctly the license is titled “Advanced Authentication”. 

Here is a link to the help article that has this information, as well as an image where this information is listed. 

Most features are available on any local testing environment which do not have a license applied as well, if wanting to test it out first.

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=31cffc3a-3147-4572-9cbf-f7eeb46f0c37

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Missy Main Thank you for clarification on both of those, that is helpful.

I believe it still requires the change to the web.config file.  For SaaS, you have to open a case for Acumatica to make that change for your site.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved