Skip to main content
Solved

How to change someone's default dashboard

• 18 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When our consulting firm set up our users in Acumatica, they set our AR Admin with a default dashboard as the AP Clerk (with no other options) and our AP Admin as the AR Clerk (also with no other options).

How can I change the default dashboard to show AR Clerk with our AR Admin User and the same with our AP Admin? 

Also, when I went to the homepage on our AP Admin’s User Profile and added the AP Clerk as her homepage.  Nothing changed.  

We are using 2024 R1 Version

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Strumbower 

Please log in to AR ADMIN User 

Navigate to the user profile which can be accessed from right corner  and set the  home page as the AR Clerk dashboard

Save.

did you try with above steps?

Check if any site preferences override the above configuration 

When I log in as the AP User, I do not have access to the Generate access Codes.

Badge +18

Hello @Strumbower ,

I think Manikanta is showing the Home Page choices in User Profile screen, and asking if this is how you added AP Clerk dashboard to your AP Admin’s Home Page. 

You were logged in as the AP Admin employee, and you updated their Home Page to the AP Clerk Dashboard in their User Profile Screen?

If yes, then Manikanta suggests the Site Preferences screen may be over-riding the User’s dashboard choice. Is Home Page field of Site Preferences populated ?  Or is it blank as shown?

If Site Preferences - Home page field is blank, and you cannot update each User’s Homepage to a proper dashboard with a simple change in each User’s Profile (while logged in as each user) then please check Customization Screen to see whether you have published customizations.  If you you do have published customizations, please test dashboards, and changing dashboards, with customizations temporarily un-published, to see if dashboard/Home Page behavior is different with customizations temporarily turned off.

Thank you.

Laura